mixbook

Save on Holiday Cards at Mixbook

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Friend of Lens Friends is a Friend of Mine

Have you heard of Lens Friends photo studio?  It's one of my new favorite places.  They are a DIY photo studio in Huntingdon Valley, PA.  What does this mean exactly?  The concept is new, but is so simple.  You gather your kids (or family, or even pets) and take them to the photo studio where you use their props, backgrounds and even their cameras to take your OWN pictures!


For a photo junkie like me, this is a lot of fun.  I took my three girls (ages 21 months, 5 and 7) there in March and we had so much fun!  The girls loved playing dress up and pretending to be models.  I loved that I could take pictures of my kids with Lens Friends' professional camera without anyone breathing down my throat telling me how many poses I had to take and how many sheets I had to buy. 

Lens Friends offers plenty of assistance with changing backgrounds, bringing out props, and even getting your kids to look at the camera.  They gave me some pointers on how to hold the camera and the best way to arrange my kids in the shot.  At the end of the shoot, my kids didn't want to leave.  They are still asking when they can go back again.  (Soon, kids, I promise!)

At the end of the photo shoot, you go home with all your photos on a high resolution CD.  You own all the copyrights to your own pictures, which is not cheap at other photo studios!  Lens Friends can even print your photos for you.  They can make photo gifts and collages and print up to 11x14 images.

SPECIAL:  Follow this blog AND like us on facebook for a great offer from Lens Friends.  See the Deals and Daytrips facebook page for the offer.  Thanks to the great folks at Lens Friends for offering this special promotion to the Deals and Daytrips family!



But, wait....there's MORE!  Lens Friends just announced an upcoming special event.  You can book a photo shoot with adorable Golden Retriever puppies!  Imagine the shots of your kids getting some puppy love!  This limited engagement is only available July 7th and 8th from 2-7pm.  You MUST call the studio to book your appointment for this event (no online bookings).



Do you have kids that want to get behind the camera?  Lens Friends is offering weeklong camps for ages 10-15 throughout the summer.  Campers will learn techniques such as camera basics, portraits, and basic Photoshop skills.

For the grown ups that need a little help behind the camera, Lens Friends is offering an Intro to Digital Photography class.  These classes are being held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month in June, July and August.  Not only will you learn photo techniques, but you'll get hands on training in the photo studio.  Space for all events is limited, so reserve quickly!


Need a unique spot for a birthday party?  Lens Friends is the place!  They offer a great party package for 6-10 partygoers.  Your party guests enjoy private studio time and each guest gets to take home a CD of all the photos taken at the party.

Studio time and birthday parties can be booked online or by calling the studio at 215-938-9801.  Reservations are always recommended.

Special tip from my 7 year old:  Don't dress in "busy" clothes.  Her plaid shirt (that I made her wear--yes, still hearing about that!) didn't match all the great props she wanted to be photographed with.  She recommends dressing in solid colors to coordinate with all the props in the studio.  :)

If you are dressing for a special occasion (graduation, dance costumes, etc.), consider bringing a change of clothes with you for additional pictures.

Have you been to Lens Friends?  If you have, please leave a comment below.  I'd love to hear about your experience.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this! Someone told me about this place but I couldn't remember the name. But thanks to Google search and your post I found it!

    ReplyDelete