mixbook

Save on Holiday Cards at Mixbook

Thursday, May 5, 2011

I'm new at this...

The Deals and Daytrips Blog is into it's 2nd week of life.  I'm so glad that you've decided to join me on this new journey.  Maybe I spend too much time online, maybe I just know where to look, but, I've found I have a knack for finding deals and events in the Philadelphia area.  And, at the encouragement of my friends, Deals and Daytrips was born.

I'm still trying to figure this whole blog thing out.  I hadn't planned on starting a blog.  I hadn't given it much thought and planning.  I just did it one night when the hubby was out and the kids went to bed.

Here's what I've done the past two weeks.  I started this blog, which you've already found.  Then, I started a facebook page for the blog.  Please visit the facebook page and "like" it, if you haven't already done so.

I think the facebook page is the best place to get quick online deals, such as Groupon.  These deals generally only last 24-48 hours and then they are gone.  There are a LOT of these deals.  I think when it rains, it pours.  I try to sift through the deals before posting them.  There are a lot of deals for spa treatments and cafes I've never heard of, but I try not to bombard the page with those.  I look for deals that fit my life, and I hope will fit yours.  I look for movie tickets and family outings, and LOVE when the occasional deal comes up for a national site like Amazon or eBay.  If you're looking for something that you don't see, please ask.  Just because I didn't post it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Back to the blog.  I have a lot of ideas for the blog, but I'm taking it one day at a time.  I will post special events on the events page, and long-term deals on the deals page.  I will blog about the daytrips I take, and maybe even some of the daytrips that I keep meaning to take, but haven't gotten to yet.  (I promise, kids, we WILL go to the Crayola Factory!)  On the homepage of the blog, at the very bottom, you can subscribe via email.  If this goes as planned, you should receive email notification whenever I make a new blog post. 

Thanks for being here with me from the very beginning.  Please email me at dealsanddaytrips@gmail.com, or leave a comment on the blog or facebook page if you have any suggestions.  Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment