mixbook

Save on Holiday Cards at Mixbook

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Your Wish Is My Command

Welcome to Deals and Daytrips, the blog you've been asking for! 

As a stay at home mom of three girls, social media has become my window to the outside world.  It's helped me stay in contact with friends and family I might otherwise rarely connect with.  It's helped me re-connect with long lost friends from early childhood, high school and college.  And, just as important, it's helped me score lots of great deals and learn about fun events in the area.  I'm a facebook junkie and I have no problems admitting it.  I constantly hear about how much I could get done if I used my time spent online to do something more meaningful or profit making.  But, facebook and the internet are my time away from all the meaningful stuff that takes up so much of my life.  It's my five minutes of free time here and there.  It's something to do when the baby is sleeping and I sit down to lunch.  Suddenly, I'm having lunch with 300 of my closest friends, even though they might not know it.  I enjoy finding good deals and I enjoy sharing them with my friends.  And, I'll also admit, getting referral credits and earning free products doesn't hurt either.  I don't hear my husband complaining when he spends his Friday afternoon at the movies with the free tickets I earned! 

Anyway, many of my friends have suggested I start a blog.  I still am not entirely sure why, but here I am.  Procrastinating from doing the laundry?  Maybe. But, it will eventually get done.  And, if it doesn't, my kids have more clothes than they could ever wear, so I'm not worried.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Momlovesdeals,

    Not sure where you are located, but have you ever taken your children to Smith Playground in Fairmount Park? It's a fantastic place with a huge mansion filled with make believe - in the basement has cars and other vehicles, street lights, painted streets - it's great. Outside has a pool, great old fashioned swings, a merrie go round and my favorite, for adults too, is a giant slide. Use wax paper and it's even faster. It's soooo much fun and everything is free. It's been years since I was there, but I love this place. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! We were actually just there a week ago. Love it there. That's definitely one of the many places I hope to write about. Thanks for stopping by and leaving my very first commment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go with starting the blog! It's a great idea! you always have tons of useful information people want. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for starting the blog and FB page! Keep the ideas coming girl!

    ReplyDelete